Pages

Friday, November 2, 2018

Spanish Rice

Put a bit of oil in a pan and saute/fry the rice until it is golden brown. Remove pan from heat and add chopped 1/2 onion, 1 diced tomato, 1/4 of a minced garlic, 1 chicken bouillon cube, 1/2 can of tomato sauce and just enough water to cover everything. Return to medium heat and let cook, covered until water is about half way absorbed, then add any veggies you'd like. I put corn, chopped carrots and red bell peppers in mine. Cover and let simmer until it is fully cooked.

Alternate-
I use a little oil to sauté 1/2 an onion and garlic together. Then I add about 1 c. White rice and brown that. I add 1 can tomato sauce, 2 c. water, and then bring to a boil. I add about 1 1/2-2 tbsp chicken bouillon and a palmful of salt. Let it boil a minute, cover, set to low until fully cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment